Monday, April 5, 2010

Confronting Heartache Head On - Day 243

My relationship with my brother has had many peaks and valleys. He has made decisions in his life that I have a difficult time understanding. I turned the other way and avoided dealing with the situation. This was wrong. Today I took a huge step to make it right. I confronted the challenge head on. I reached out to my brother. I got in his personal space. I placed my two hands on his face and made him look me in the eyes and told him how much I love him. I made a vow to myself that I will make an effort to reach out to him every day if at all possible. I have to get through to him. I have to help him discover his inner strength...the strength that will get him through the rough patches of life. My brother has taught me many life lessons without even realizing it. But no lesson more valuable than the realization of how many people can be impacted by the actions of just one person.

Many hugs and happy thoughts sent my brother's way,

Kathy

No comments: