Friday, April 16, 2010

Paying Attention To The Little Things - Day 254

Work today was spent back on the road to The Villages, Ocala and Gainesville. I take this trip so often that I have a tendency to zone out. Today my eyes kept wandering off road to view the wildflowers along the way. Finally I decided I needed a picture to share. So off the road I pulled and took one. Yes, it was kind of goofy, but I am what I am.

While driving home I saw something that made me smile. A fully grown man had his hand out the window surfing the air as he drove. What is it about kids, dogs and I guess...grown men, that makes them want to stick their head or arms out the window to feel the wind rush by? Whatever it is, it is fun! Another one of the little things in life to smile about.

Tonight Mike and I decided to expand our appetizer dinner horizons by venturing out to Houlihan's on East Colonial. Billboards advertising $3 small plate menu items grabbed my attention. Daily from 4 p.m. til close Houlihan's features a small plate menu with a variety of choices from $3 to $10 each. Happy hour lasts all day with two for one domestic brews and house wines. When Mike and I perused the menu we quickly realized the billboards were a little deceiving. Not one small plate menu item was actually $3. The least expensive item listed was $3.50 and that was for ONE slider. Most of the items hovered around $6. Mike and I opted for a slider trio of Shrimp Po'Boy Slider, Pulled Pork Slider and Burger Slider for $9.50 and a BBQ Chicken Flatbread. I ordered a two for one glass of house Merlot...Mike a glass of Blue Moon. The food was good, but the portions were small. Since little things were the theme of the day, I guess this was only fitting. The wine was delicious and a good value for $7.95 for two nice size glasses. The atmosphere was lively and the service good. All in all it was a nice evening, but we both agreed Brio Tuscan Tasters still cannot be beat!

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: