Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Reveling In A Job Well Done - Day 258

When you have worked at a job for as long as I have, sometimes things work on autopilot. I hate autopilot! I like to step outside my comfort zone. This is where growth happens. For the last week I have frantically thrown together materials for a sustainable products trade show at my Alma Mater. I didn't know what to expect. I didn't know how many people would attend. I didn't know what their interests would be. I was uncomfortable...way outside my comfort zone. Growth must be not far behind.

Well, today was pretty wonderful! I made new contacts, engaged in great conversation, answered questions and gave out lots of Gator thank you note card packages to rave reviews. Thanks to my artist friend Beth and my co-worker Wayne, we managed to put together the perfect giveaway. One that emphasized the lost art of committing pen to paper. It was so cool to see an idea through from concept to the end user. At the end of the day I felt pretty darn proud of a job well done by all. Happy dance!!!!!!

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: