Thursday, April 29, 2010

How To Bake A Hug - Day 267

I have always said that the best things in life are born out of strife. Some really good things must be on the way because I have had more than my share of financial strife lately. Today I did a lot of thinking and dreaming about how I could translate my love of baking into a business of some kind. I don't have money for a business license. I don't have money to rent a commercial kitchen. I don't have money for insurance.

I do have an extreme desire to do something on my own...something that I am good at. Judging from the comments of my friends, cookie baking seems to be my forte. Friends have asked if they could come by and bake cookies with me. They want me to teach them my secrets. This got me thinking...wouldn't it be cool to do in home cookie baking classes or parties?! I would supply the ingredients and show the attendees how to bake a HeartSong Cookie...how to bake a hug. Each attendee would take home recipe cards and a dozen cookies. It would be so cool to host birthday parties with kids...classes for senior citizens...classes for the underprivileged. I could spread a little happiness all around. I don't know if this would work, but I think I would like to pursue the idea a little further. What I do know is I like the name I came up with for the class..."How To Bake A Hug."

Many hugs and dreams,

Kathy

No comments: