Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Leftovers for One - Day 244

Tonight was a rare night with absolutely nothing planned. Just a night alone with Maddie and a bunch of Easter leftovers in the fridge. Unfortunately I came home hungry...very hungry. Hunger and a fridge full of leftovers is not a good combination for a round girl like me. I made a shrimp salad from the leftover prosciutto wrapped shrimp and a vinaigrette dressed potato salad from the leftover roasted fingerling potatoes and served it over leftover greens from the veggie tray. That bowl of goodness should have been where I stopped but nooooooooo. I accompanied the salad with a plate of leftover veggies, dip, a deviled egg and a bunch of grapes. Thank goodness I came to my senses and put the deviled egg back in the fridge. The rest went in my tummy. My very full tummy. In fact I was feeling so full, content and lazy that my walking intentions went out the door. I sat on the couch watching Food Network for most of the evening and enjoyed every lazy, over indulgent moment of my unplanned evening.

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: