Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Smell of Heaven - Day 241

No work today. I'm freeeeeeeeee to do whatever I want for an entire weekend. And what I wanted to do was learn to bake bread. My friend Kenda invited me to join her for a Bread Baking class at Truffles and Trifles in College Park. While I consider myself a pretty good baker, I have always been intimidated by yeast. Today went a long way toward conquering that fear. The class was well attended...about 20 people. We all divided into groups of 4-5 and manned a station to back three types of bread. Our station was responsible for Rosemary Bread, Whole Wheat Rolls and Orange Cranberry Bread. With the help of Keith and Marci from the store, we mastered yeast blooming, kneading, baking and most importantly eating some of the best bread I have ever tasted. The scent of freshly baked bread permeated every nook and cranny of Truffles and Trifles. This has to be what heaven smells like!

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: