Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Cash Starved Bowl of Comfort - Day 266

Stress got the best of me today. I needed comfort and I needed it bad. I found it in a bowl of ramen noodles eaten in the car on the way to Gainesville. Ramen noodles fit the bill for the cash and comfort starved. They are cheap, warm and salty with very little nutritional value. But somehow as unhealthy as they are, they work wonders for my mental health.

Tonight I met with my sister in law Kevina to finalize details for my niece Melissa's baby shower this weekend. Then I headed home to walk Maddie, warm up leftover lobster ravioli and sit on my butt in front of the TV. The draw of the cool evening air combined with couch potato guilt got the best of me. I got off my ample butt and headed to Crane's Roost to walk and soak in the evening. Aaaah.

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: