Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Blogworthy - Day 47

The first half of the day was unremarkable for this cash starved foodie, but the evening's event made up for it. My friend Bree and her fiance Jason invited me to join them for an open house at the Courtyard at Lake Lucerne. This is the venue for their wedding (in just 52 days) and I am going to be the wedding coordinator for the rehearsal and wedding day. Tonight gave us the opportunity to see the actual setting, makes plans and taste food options from the caterer, Meiner's Catering.

The courtyard where the ceremony and reception will be held is lushly landscaped and the trees are decked out in tiny white lights. The wedding is at dusk so the ambiance will be warm and romantic. We tried the Merlot and Chardonnay that will be served at the reception and both were actually good. The food was also a pleasant surprise. We sampled butler-passed hors d'oeuvres of mushroom tartlets, seared Ahi tuna with wasabi, bruschetta, grilled shrimp and tomato soup shots. The carving station stops included beef tenderloin served with a mushroom sauce and creamy mashed potatoes; and pork tenderloin served with a mango salsa and saffron rice. The heavy hors d'oeuvres station included meatballs, spinach artichoke dip, crackers, cheese and a variety of antipasto. On the way out the door Jason and I spotted the chocolate fountain hiding in the corner. Bree had will power, but Jason and I tried out cream puffs, cherries, strawberries and pretzels all drenched in a chocolate bath. Yum!

Bree and Jason are so cool together. I am really looking forward to being a part of their special day. Being included tonight meant a lot to me. Bree mentioned that she caught up on my blog today and loved the fact that she was mentioned in one of my postings. I have a sneaking suspicion that she and Jason will be mentioned in many more. They are both truly blogworthy!

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: