Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Power of Good - Day 28

Yesterday in my haste to watch Top Chef Las Vegas, I forgot to tell a "power of good" story. I think I may have mentioned our new roommate Jim. He is a friend and co-worker that has endured a tsunami of challenges in the last several years. His face, his posture, his gait, all reflect the fact. The living arrangements we made were an effort to help each other. Jim would help us financially. Mike and I would offer a hand out of the abyss with a sounding board, encouragement and of course...some comfort food.

Last night when I stopped by the house to walk Maddie, I saw the unmistakable look of defeat and utter sadness on Jim's face. Mike and I were going to dinner and Jim would be alone in a strange place with no food...not a good combination. I offered to make a quick grilled provolone, prosciutto and turkey sandwich and tomato soup. After some convincing, Jim accepted my offer. I gave him a tray to sit in front of the TV and out the door I went.

But not before I caught a glimpse of a smile on Jim's face and tears in his eyes.

This is the "power of good"!

Many hugs,

Kathy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kathy ~ I am enjoying your blog. I really enjoyed this "power of good" article...I always knew that you were an Angel on Earth! And...one that can cook, too!!

God Bless You and Mike (and Jim)!

Much Love ~

Sandy Harper :-)