Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Lots of Plans - Day 40

Today began with another quickly toasted bagel on my way out the door for work. By the way, Costco offers a dozen Einstein's bagels for $4.99. If you keep them in the fridge, they will last at least a week and are a great cash starved value. You can mix and match flavors with each half dozen.

After much running around to clients this morning, computer challenges and phone battery issues, I was off to meet my friend and co-worker Carolyn for lunch and another planning session for our joint sales call. We negotiated a trade...Carolyn bought lunch from Dandelion Cafe and I agreed to bake chocolate chip cookies (NO NUTS) for her husband Randy's birthday next week. Lunch was great - a Giddyup Salad (vegetarian chili taco salad) with a side of Whirled Peas (kind of like a guacamole made with green peas). We researched our competitors and our potential client. It is amazing the info you can find when you Google someone...even found our potential client's high school picture. Pretty spooky. It was so much fun, we are doing it again later in the week.

Dinner was filled with more plans...this time with my friend Bree planning the details of her rehearsal and wedding day. I am going to be a "wedding coordinator" for the two days, making sure all the details are taken care of and everything runs smoothly. We met at Holihan's and splurged on martinis to go with a fried asparagus appetizer and her free birthday entree of fish tacos. Since my birthday is coming up, I think I better check our their website to see if I can get a coupon of my own. All in all, dinner was reasonable - $27.00 including 2 martinis for each of us.

I am having an over indulgent week for a cash starved foodie, but I wouldn't trade the last two night's dining experiences for the world. Plans are fun for me...it means lots of doing can't be far behind.

Many hugs and plans,

Kathy

No comments: