Friday, September 11, 2009

I am a Rustic Apple Pie - Day 36

Today began with a breakfast meeting at Starbucks with my friend and co-worker Carolyn. We are making plans to call on a new customer as a team. Being two very different people with two very different approaches, we hope our novel approach will satisfy the needs of our customer. Carolyn is like the perfect silky creme brulee and I am a rustic apple pie. Both will satisfy a sweet tooth, but in a completely different way.

This analogy got me thinking about how I would describe the people in my life as a dessert...it you were a dessert, what would you be?

Mike would be a big bowl of chocolate ice cream with lots of peanut butter cups, hot fudge, whipped cream, roasted peanuts and a cherry on top.

Ryan would be a slice of Banana Dream Cake from TooJay's. Actually he should be a carrot cake because of his red hair, but he hates carrots.

Kenda would be a bowl of fresh berries, drizzled with honey with a sprinkling of chocolate chips.

Speaking of Kenda...she and a few little roaches were my guests for lunch. We met to get caught up from her trip and decided to try Anthony's Pizza in Colonial Plaza near her house. Midway through our salad Kenda pointed out we were not alone. A couple of little beetle like roaches were crawling on the wall beside us. Uugh! Somehow my pizza and salad didn't taste quite as good as it did moments before. We finished our lunch and decided to celebrate fall with pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks. What a great way to spend an afternoon! This seemed more like a vacation than any of my "vacation" days.

Earlier in the week I registered for Perkins eClub. Today they sent me a coupon for a free entree that Mike and I decided to redeem for dinner. We dined on the ultimate comfort food. I had turkey and dressing. Mike had country fried steak. Yum! The food was fattening and good, the service was very friendly, fast and comfortable. The manager even stopped by to see how we enjoyed our meal. They even had a special for buy one slice of pie, get one free...a deal think roly poly foodie could not pass up. Nor could I find room to eat it, so we got it to go. The coupon saved us over $10.00 on dinner.

Tonight I am making Flu Fighter Cookies from the latest Food Network magazine. They are a spice cookie chocked full of walnuts, golden raisins and dried cranberries. If they turn out, I will post the recipe tomorrow.

All in all, today was a really good day.

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: