Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Fall is in the Air - Day 34

This morning feels a little like fall...a little less humid with barely a cloud in the sky. I began the day with a toasted cranberry bagel and good strong coffee with hazelnut creamer I stole from Jim. I justified it as payback for the teary dinner last night.

Lunch today was a friend rendezvous with Loran and Dennis at Mimi's Cafe. Of course a coupon was involved - BOGO for the Lunch Just Right Menu. It saved $5.99. Loran generously offered to treat us and Dennis and I accepted. He ordered awesome garlic fries for an appetizer. I'm normally not a big fan of french fries, but these were crispy, hot and doused in a light garlic butter sauce that made them downright irresistible.

I ordered French onion soup and a dinner salad combo that came with a pineapple coconut macadamia nut muffin. Mmmmmmmm. Lunch was great and the company was even better. Both Loran and Dennis passed my rear view mirror test. I was thinking of our time together, looked in the rear view mirror, saw a big smile on my face and thought how fortunate I am to have them in my life.

You know , this too qualifies as a "power of good" moment. These moments are occurring more frequently. It must mean good times are ahead.

It must be at least a week since the words "Sweet Tomatoes" appeared in my blog. Well guess what appeared in my e-mail yesterday? A BOGO coupon for Sweet Tomatoes. And guess where Mike and I ate dinner tonight? Yes...Sweet Tomatoes! The country theme for the first half of the month is Greece. Greek salad, Greek lemon orzo soup, Greek blueberry muffins are all featured items to compliment the theme. OK, maybe the blueberries weren't Greek, but they were very good.

Tonight is Top Chef Las Vegas night. Be sure to check it out. I am going to do research for discounts at other restaurant sites other than Sweet Tomatoes and will report my findings over the next few days.

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: