Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Intervention - Day 41

Breakfast today was really good...a bowl of nonfat Fage Greek yogurt with a clover honey drizzle, a sprinkling of dried blueberries (from Kenda's trip to Michigan) and Marcona almonds. I ate it while attempting to do an intervention on my roommate Jim. Jim is lost and stagnant. He has no dreams, no passion, no appetite for adventure. He is mired in negative talk and no action.

I keep hammering home the fact that he needs to stop talking and do something...ANYTHING. Even if he fails he will still have a sense of accomplishment. I am addicted to this accomplishment thing. The rush I feel when I sit down each evening to right my blog is intoxicating. The postings are not all that interesting or nearly as informative as I would like, but they give me a great vehicle for self expression.

Jim needs this. He needs to write a blog. Maybe he could borrow my friend Chris' blog idea, but change the name to Jim's Pathetic Life - a Journey of the Miserable.

Being cash starved and time starved is not a good combination. I was hungry (when am I not?) and in a time crunch to make it back from Tampa to Orlando before my client left the office at 1:00. The Micky D's free fry and drink coupon with purchase of an Angus burger called out to me and unfortunately I listened. I ordered the Mushroom Swiss Burger and it was OK, but not great. The bun was good, the burger acceptable, the mushroom plentiful, but too salty and it come with a big glob of mayonnaise that I promptly scraped off. The fries were cold and my unsweetened tea was full of sugar. I ate half and threw the rest away...feeling like a tub of goo. On the plus side, this unpleasant lunch was only $4.27 with my coupon redemption.

Dinner was leftover spaghetti and meatballs topped with provolone cheese and baked in the oven, Yummy! I served it with leftover garlic bread and a salad. Then it was onto baking chocolate chip toasted pecan cookies for my dad. He has been talking about these cookies for over a month since his colon surgery and even requested them when he was totally out of it in recovery after the surgery. Wow, the pressure...these better be some mighty tasty cookies!

Many hugs (especially for Jim),

Kathy

No comments: