Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Secret - Day 42

Breakfast this morning was another bowl of Greek yogurt with honey, blueberries and Marcona almonds, but this time it was followed by positive thoughts. Last night my roommate began to read "The Secret". This morning he came downstairs to tell me I already know "the secret"...that I already live it. Since I have never read the book (but plan to when Jim is finished), I needed him to explain. He said "the secret" was the power of positive thoughts. He paid me the ultimate compliment saying this is how I live my life. Yes! He is having one of those "Ah ha" moments. It is definitely time for a happy dance.

Today was a crazy, run around all over town, more than I can possibly do, kind of day. I grabbed lunch from Panera and sat in my mobile dining room to devour my tomato soup and chicken salad sandwich. I actually relaxed and ignored the phone for a few brief moments. Aaaaaah.

For dinner I had the leftover crab cake and shrimp from Monday's splurge at Dexter's. I roasted some fresh asparagus to go with it and fixed a quick sangria. Very tasty! Maddie, our crazy dog, actually came downstairs to keep me company and Mike wasn't even here.

One of my co-workers, Tom, was in a horrific car accident yesterday. He was hit by a dump truck and had to be airlifted to ORMC. Tom has a broken leg, cracked spine and many, many bruises and sprains. He is extremely lucky to have survived. Since he is complaining about the hospital food, I figured I had to do something...bake cookies, of course.

Tonight I am making White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies and Chocolate Swirl Cranberry Pecan Cookies for Tom and also for my mom and her friends.

Many hugs and "ah ha" moments,

Kathy

No comments: