Saturday, September 26, 2009

Howl-O-Scream - Day 50

What a great way to commemorate 50 days of blogging...a VIP party at this year's Busch Gardens Howl-O-Scream with my husband Mike. Our VIP status entitled us to great parking, a food and drink reception and butt in line privileges at all the venues. The food and drink reception was well done. A pasta station was set up on one side of the room with pasta, Alfredo and marinara sauce, sauteed shrimp and other goodies. The other side of the room housed a slider station with mini buns to top with cheeseburgers, crab cakes and pulled pork. A catwalk located in the center of the room showcased sexy, spooky models showing off the latest styles from the House of Vayne. Three chocolate fountains with a myriad of dipper options were situated at the end of the catwalk. Of course Budweiser products were plentiful. A blood punch made with vodka, black raspberry and a mystery ingredient was my drink of choice.

Mike and I have never attended a Halloween event like this. I think we are a little past the demographic they are targeting, but it was actually quite fun. Since I was born on Halloween, I figure this was a great way to kick off my birthday month a little early.

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: