Sunday, September 6, 2009

Post Game Hangover - Day 31

No, it is not what you are thinking...I only had one glass of sangria. But I did have a heavy dose of fun and am paying the price at work today. I am sleepy, lazy and would like nothing better than to plop down on the couch and watch Food Network all afternoon. Instead I am perched at my demo table, smiling in between yawns and writing my blog. Bev, the CDS demonstrator, is serving apple pie. Yum. The tasting menu is really good today.

Apple Pie
Cheddar Cheese
Brie and Crackers
Chicken and Apple Sausage
Teriyaki Meatballs
Warm Chocolate Chip Cookies
Coffee

Today I was visited by Rudy, one of my favorite customers. He has a memorable look - thin and fit, bald with a fu Manchu goatee and several gold teeth. He is quite an interesting character and each time he stops by I learn a little more...kind of like reading a chapter of a book with each visit. Today our talk ran the gamut from health care and our mutually liberal view of the world to urging me to exercise with yoga to relieve the stress this life of mine doles out in heaping portions each day. He told me he expects to hear I made progress by the next time he stops by. Damn, now I am accountable to a customer. I definitely need to get my butt in gear.

Speaking of exercise and commitment (or my lack of)...today is the day I was supposed to compete in the Disney triathlon with my friend Shirley. My crazy schedule and lack of resolve got the best of me and I did not train. I can't wait to hear Shirley's account of the event. Maybe I will get my act together for her next competition.

Tonight Mike and I went to dinner at Tom, Susan and Christopher's house. The meal was amazing. Barbecued ribs, grilled veggies with balsamic vinegar, Chris's fabulous mac and cheese, grilled potatoes and upside down apple pie. After dinner we created a new blog site for Christopher - nolifechris.blogspot.com. Chris is bored with his life and needs an outlet to express himself. He picked the template and set up an account, but hasn't actually done a posting yet. I signed up as a follower and can't wait to read the first installment.

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: