Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Perfect Elixir - Day 38

Today started off kind of lazy with a toasted bagel and turkey tortilla soup while watching a replay of the game we just attended the day before. Yes, we are just that crazy about Gator football.

Then it was on to Costco for work. This is actually the perfect elixir for a case of the lazies. I sit atop my demo perch, relaxing, talking and selling wine to make people happy. What could be better?! Today started off with a bang. I met Ghenet, a woman originally from Africa, that is looking for someone to help her market Red's barbecue sauce. We exchanged business cards. I am so excited about the possibility of helping someone launch a product, especially one with a history. Red owned a very popular barbecue restaurant in the Orlando area for many years. Ghenet is desperate for help getting the project off the ground and I am just the person to do it. She also operates a hot dog stand connected to the new arena and conducts African coffee ceremonies. I would love to attend a coffee ceremony to see how it is done. Ghenet may never contact me, but the thought of this is really fun.

Costco just started stocking their seasonal food items...gift baskets, cookies and candies. My depot spot is located directly across from the display. The holidays should be a really fun time to work at Costco.

Since traffic was light this afternoon, I planned next week tailgate menu.

Burgers
Brats
Grilled Corn with Parmesan Butter
Grilled New Potatoes
Grilled Onions and Peppers
Veggie Salad of some kind
Grilled Pineapple with Caramel Drizzle, Macadamia Nuts and Whipped Cream
Beer

After work I picked up dinner at Costco - spaghetti with meatballs, salad, roasted garlic bread and of course, a bottle of my Montepulciano d'Abruzzo wine. The spaghetti was one of Costco's fresh made items and was actually quite good. For about $13.00, the portion size feeds 4-6 people. Mike and I had a great dinner and there is still enough for another dinner with our roommate Jim. The roasted garlic bread was amazing. It is made from crusty Italian bread, slathered with butter and chopped roasted garlic. A quick 15 minutes in the oven at 350 F. yielded a warm crusty delight.

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: