Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Good Beginning - Day 26

This morning began with a bowl of Fage Greek yogurt, topped with fresh raspberries, Marcona almonds and drizzled with clover honey...YUM! The last two White Chocolate Blueberry Pecan Cookies were calling to me, but I ignored them and was glad I did.

I am certainly getting a lot of mileage out of the "Clean Out the Fridge" soup. For lunch, I stopped by the house for a bowl, a grilled turkey provolone sandwich and a Maddie the dog fix. I feel so bad that she is left alone everyday, but I think she actually prefers it that way. She is in touch with her inner Greta Garbo..."I want to be alone"! At least I think that is who made that line famous. She is even before my time...and I am old!

Tonight I paid my last visit to Kenda's kitties. As usual, Kiley greeted me with a friendly meow and Samantha mixed it up a little and hid. I could not find her anywhere, even when I put out her food. I looked under the bed, in the garage, the living room, outside and finally when I was ready to give up...our she came from under Kenda's bed with my friendly hiss.

When I got home I decided to go with something easy for dinner so I could devote more time to baking. I fixed a salad, a frozen thin crust margarita pizza and a glass of sangria. Then I tackled my cookies. I promised Carolyn's son Robby Nutella Cookies after his wake board world competition. He competed this weekend and came in seventh in the world...WOW! That feat is worthy of something much greater than Nutella Cookies, but that is all this cash starved baker can offer. Well maybe not. I just noticed the bags of Costco Trail Mix...hmmmm, that would make a good addition to my base cookie recipe. The trail mix includes almonds, cashews, M & M candies, raisins and peanuts. I decided to add a cup of dark chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips to add a little more chocolaty goodness. I haven't tasted either cookie, but they pass the eyeball taste again.

Oh no, I just realized what I will be having for breakfast - COOKIES. Some things never change for long.

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: