Friday, September 18, 2009

Successes - Day 43

One of the things the last few weeks has taught me is how important it is to celebrate life's successes...large and small. The more I talk to my roommate about this, the more I realize how addicting success can be. Last night after my blog posting and cookie baking, Jim came home from his second job and began to talk about how he tried to have more positive thoughts throughout the day. He had some great conversations with several clients and his sister. I explained once again how important it was to celebrate that success and open himself up to all of life's possibilities, no excuses. We discussed different options and with each came a reason for failure. I mentioned he sets himself up to fail before he even begins and all of a sudden...his face changed. The light bulb went off. He had an "Ah ha" moment of gargantuan proportions. It was so cool to see the look on his face. I went upstairs and did a major happy dance.

I dropped off cookies to my mom and her childhood friends on my way to work. They were thrilled. Time for another happy dance.

Something savory, not sweet, was on my mind for breakfast. I stopped at Starbucks for the breakfast sandwich pairing. For $4.27 I enjoyed a delicious Artisan Breakfast Sandwich with egg, cheese and black forest ham and a cup of good strong coffee. My to go cup came with a cool green stopper stirrer to keep the coffee warm. It is the little things that make a difference.

On to work to drop off the cookie basket for Tom and treats for my co-workers. Then back on the road to Gainesville and Ocala. Carolyn sent me a text message asking if I could see her White Chocolate Macadamia Nut smile? Happy dance.

Last night Jim told me about an exercise from the book "The Secret". Try to smile for one full minute. Jim tried it and said he only lasted for about 20 seconds. Hmmm. I've been smiling for at least 3 hours today. It's fun! Makes my heart happy.

Carolyn called me after she ate the Chocolate Swirl Cranberry Pecan Cookie to suggest I create a contest - "What would you do for a HeartSong Cookie"? She suggested I pass out pieces of cardboard and have friends get creative. The most creative would get a cookie basket. I like it! Happy dance. My smile continued for over 5 hours!

Lunch was a slice of an absolutely perfect Florentine pizza from Leonardo's in Gainesville. The thin crust was covered with fresh spinach, slices of Roma tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes and feta cheese. Yummy happy dance.

After lunch I dropped off a job and cookies to Amanda in Ocala. A few minutes later I received an e-mail telling me the White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies were the best she had ever had. Happy dance.

After work I had an appointment at Consumer Connections in Apopka to participate in a market research study taste testing coffee. For about 45 minutes of my time, I made $25.00 and was able to use it for dinner with Mike. We decided to do another coupon dinner, this time at Elephant Bar in Altamonte. For $8.95 we ordered the Pan Pacific Shrimp Dinner that included coconut shrimp, tempura shrimp and stir fried shrimp over brown rice. For $1.99 more, I got a delicious Mai Tai. The entire bill for the two of us was $23.00. Not bad for a relaxing Friday date night...happy dance.

Tomorrow is the big day...the Florida/Tennessee game in Gainesville. Hopefully I will be doing many happy dances before, during and after the game. Go Gators!

Many hugs and happy dances,

Kathy

No comments: