Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Another Step Closer - Day 82

The birthday barrage of FREE stuff e-mails from the restaurant sites I signed up for continued today.  Kenda and I redeemed the Houlihan's free entree coupon over lunch.  We both ordered the Calamari salad and the coupon saved $14.95.  The salad was quite good and an interesting combination of flavors...Napa cabbage, bananas, cashews and fried calamari.  It sounds strange, but it worked.

The best part of lunch was the gift Kenda gave me - Bringing Home the Baking, How to Start a Licensed Home-Based Baking Business by Quincella C. Geiger.  I feel like I am another step closer to actually realizing my dream of HeartSong Cookies as a viable business.  I can't wait to start reading, so today's post will be brief.

Dinner tonight was a vegetarian delight enjoyed alone...well, not really.  Paula and Rachel from the Food Network kept me company.  I made a salad of butter lettuce, baby cucumbers, tomatoes, olives and Marcona almonds drizzled with Herb de Provence dressing.  Then I roasted butternut squash and brussel sprouts and served myself a big plate.  Yum.  Today was a very good food day.

After dinner I baked cookies for my clients - Dark Chocolate Tri Berry and Cranberry Chocolate Chip Pecan.  Gotta go read now...

Many hugs and baby steps closer,

Kathy

No comments: