Monday, October 5, 2009

Happy Dance With Coupon Cory - Day 60

This morning began with a much healthier start than in the recent past.  My old favorite of Fage Nonfat Greek Yogurt with a drizzle of honey, Marcona almonds, and a sprinkling of dried blueberries and cherries was back to jump start my day.

The work morning passed quickly filled with paperwork, e-mails and phone calls.  This was a good thing because I was really looking forward to my lunch appointment with Dennis at Mama Nems, a soul food restaurant near my office.  Dennis and I both love to talk and eat and when we get together a lot of both go on.  Today was no different.  I heard another customer order the Low Country Shrimp and Andouille Sausage over Grits and knew this was the lunch for me.  Dennis ordered Salmon Croquettes with Cabbage, Candied Yams and Fried Okra.  My Low Country bowl was large enough to serve 3-4 people and man was it good.  I ate plenty, gave some to Dennis to take home and kept a full take home container for dinner tomorrow.  A great value at $8.95.  Dennis surprised me by picking up the check for lunch as an early birthday present.  Awesome!

As much fun as lunch was, the afternoon was even better thanks to a very cool e-mail from Dennis to enhance my blog.  Dennis knew of my goofy posting on Friday about my day with Coup and thought he would take it a step further.  I received a thanks for lunch with an added bonus of Coupon Cory, my new best friend he created to ride on my daily cash starved journey through life. Isn't he cute? I have been happy dancing ever since.  I told Dennis he passed the "reflection in the computer screen test" since the rear view mirror was not in site.  He will definitely be a part of my life for a very long time.

This evening I actually got home a little after 5:00...a rare occurrence.  Mike suggested we take Coupon Cory to the Elephant Bar Restaurant for dinner.  Cory stayed in my purse because we opted instead for a couple of the Happy Hour Appetizer Specials - Burger Sliders served with Sweet Potato Fries and Wok-Fired Chicken Lettuce Wraps, a cocktail for me and a beer for Mike.  The total bill came to $20.00, even less than the coupon offerings.  This cash starved foodie left the restaurant  full, renewed and with a happy dance in my step.  And no, it wasn't caused by my Raspberry Lemon Drop.

While at work yesterday I received the coolest picture of my hero, Mary Helen and her two children, Andy and Carrie.  She was basking in the wonderful time spent with the two of them this weekend.  For at least a weekend, cancer took at back seat to love, life and family.

Many hugs and happy dances for Mary Helen,

Kathy

No comments: