Saturday, October 3, 2009

A Nice Slow Start - Day 58

This morning got off to a nice slow start, which is perfectly fine with me.  I got up around 10:15...something I rarely do.  Took my time getting ready and then flipped the "on " switch.  I darted out the door with Mike and Coup.  This time we visited Jersey Mike's Subs with a BOGO coupon.  It saved $6.39 on lunch.  

Work mimicked the pace of my day's beginning...nice and slow.  Great for relaxing, but not for wine selling.  Somehow I managed to sell 55 bottles of Montepulciano d'Abruzzo.  Crucy, one of my favorite CDS demonstrators, brought me a plate of pepperoni pizza tastings hot from the oven and a tasting of pumpkin pie.  How cool is that?!  On a break, Lili, another demonstrator, gave me two very delicious chocolates of the world she was demonstrating.  Yum!  Now you understand why I continue to be so round...and so happy!  It has been several weeks since I brought in cookies to my Costco friends.  I think tomorrow is the perfect day to do it again.

I have been dreaming about a new kitchen for many years.  Today was no different.  I spent the day at Costco gazing at the only Dream Kitchen I may be getting anytime soon.  It was fun watching all the little future chefs checking it out as well.

Mike had a craving for chicken wings and football.  I picked up some wings from Buffalo Wild Wings on the way home from work.  Teriyaki and Parmesan Garlic Wings, Fries and Celery with Blue Cheese hit the spot.  A Boston College win for my friend Chris over FSU was even tastier.

Brenna, my new Junior Cookie Master in Training, baked her cookie creation with me tonight.  She chose the ingredients to add to my base cookie dough.  Her choices were Reece's Pieces, Peanut Butter Chips, Jumbo Chocolate Chips and a large chopped up Snickers bar.  Brenna also chose to make the cookies extra big and they turned out perfectly.  I especially liked the ones with the oozing Snickers bar pieces.  We named them Brenna's Candy Shop Cookies and I will post the recipe on my Heartsong Cookies blog.


Many hugs,


Kathy

No comments: