Thursday, October 29, 2009

A Full Day of Happiness - Day 84

Today was full of happiness from start to finish.  I got up early to bag the cookies baked the night before.  I filled the pink backpack for the "Hot Pink Olives" and assembled two Halloween themed cookie cauldrons for a couple of my client friends.  Then I hit the road.  I called my friend Vicky who offered to photograph the baskets and dropped them off while I made the trek to deliver the backpack.  Carolynn and Karen, of Hot Pink Olive fame, came down to the lobby to get the backpack.  They were about to embark on a 60 mile three day trek to raise money for breast cancer research.  Each day they will burn a lot of calories and need to carb load tonight.  Cookies are on the menu.

Vicky took some cool basket pictures while I was away.  I posted them tonight and will include them in the website I am developing this weekend.  We make a very good team and talked seriously about working together, along with Kenda, to make HeartSong Cookies a reality.

I dropped one of the cookie cauldrons off to my friend Sheri.  She seemed geniunely pleased and even agreed to pose for a blog photo.  Then it was on to UCF with the other cauldron.  My friend Sandy was home ill, but she asked me to take it to her co-workers. 

Lunch was a wonderful treat at Brio with my friend Beth.  We both enjoyed Chopped Salad and Sweet Potato Chicken Risotto.  Mmmmm, it was so good...the ultimate comfort food.  I stopped by Publix to pick up a few things for Sandy and then stopped by her house to drop them off and check on her.

My client friends, David and Morgan, had an open house late this afternoon for their new business, Hatchet Design.  They had a great turnout, but I couldn't stay long.  After all, I am in perpetual motion.  It was on to walk Maddie and then to meet Bree and Jason at his aunt's house (the site of the rehearsal dinner).  We got acquainted and worked out some of the details for the event.

As wonderful as the day was, the best part was a very special birthday gift I received in the mail from my son, Ryan.  He knows fall is my absolute favorite time of year and gathered together beautiful fall leaves in an amazing framed collage.  The letter that accompanied it was filled with all the things I love about Ryan...humor, sensitivity and caring.  He knows exactly how to push my happy dance button and I giggled throughout the evening thanks to his thoughtfulness.

My late evening was spent baking for a basket request due tomorrow morning.  I am tired, happy and feeling extremely blessed.

Many hugs and days like today,

Kathy

No comments: