Thursday, October 22, 2009

Food with Friends - Day 77

Today was a very good day.  I got my voice back and had three good meals with friends.  My day began at Seven Sisters in Orlando with my friend and co-worker Carolyn.  What a cool place!  It is located in a little two story house near Colonial and Mills.  The atmosphere is comfortable and homey.  The coffee is good.  I ordered a Queen Bee...one of their specialties - a latte flavored with honey.  For a tasty treat, I added a slice of pineapple zucchini loaf...very moist and tasty.  Carolyn ordered a coffee and a dark chocolate bar flavored with chipolte and salted pumpkin seeds from the artisan chocolate shop behind Seven Sisters.  The chocolate was amazing and inspired a new potential HeartSong Cookie flavor  - Spicy Mexican Chocolate Pepita.  I am going to use my dark chocolate base spiced with cinnamon and/or cayenne and filled with dark chocolate chips and salted pepitas (pumpkin seeds).  If it turns out half as good as the chocolate bar, it will be pretty darn good.

I met my clients and friends for lunch at the cafeteria at the new Darden headquarters.  They had been bragging on the food and the prices and both lived up to their claims.  Seven of us ate for under $40.00.  The choices were diverse and all looked delicious.  I opted for a cup of Wild Mushroom Soup and a bowl of salad assembled from the salad bar with grilled asparagus, fresh beets, toasted walnuts and a delicious home made herb vinaigrette.  As good as the food was, the company was even better.  We rarely get a chance to talk anything but business and had fun getting caught up.

Tonight I met Bree at White Wolf Cafe on Orange Avenue in downtown Orlando for happy hour, appetizers and wedding planning.  From 5-7 drinks are 2 for 1.  We each ordered martinis, black bean hummus and vegetarian quesadillas to share.  My first of the 2 for 1 drinks was a Mango martini...very good.  My second replaced dessert - a German Chocolate martini.  Oh my, it was soooooooo good!  We worked out a lot of the details for Bree and Jason's rehearsal dinner that I am catering.  I can tell her special night will be amazing and I am honored she is allowing me to put it together.

Many hugs and meals with friends,

Kathy

No comments: