Friday, October 30, 2009

Birthday Eve - Day 85

The happiness train continued chugging along today.  This morning I delivered a Halloween themed basket to my friends at the Rollins College Theater Department to be used as a prize for the students.  Unfortunately Blair was away from her desk, so I didn't get to see a reaction.  A subsequent e-mail told it all.  She was thrilled and said the students loved the basket.  Wow, this is so much fun!

I carried my Ryan birthday frame and letter around with me all day and showed it to everyone I came it contact with.  Most of the moms I showed it to had the same reaction as I did last night.  They teared up.  Ryan truly got his money's worth.  Fall leaves...free.  Burgundy frame from Marshalls...$7.99.  My happiness and joy with the gift...priceless.

Danielle and her daughter Courtney baked banana bread tied with a bright orange bow for my birthday surprise.  She said they had a blast baking together.  That alone makes me happy.  The mini loaf looks really good.   I am saving it for breakfast tomorrow morning. 

My mom took the family out for my birthday dinner at Buca di Beppo.  She tried her best to convince our waiter that Buca had a happy hour, but he would not give in.  We enjoyed wine, fried calamari, baked rigatoni, chicken carbonara, an extra large cupcake and a candelabra birthday shout out from the entire room.  And if that wasn't enough, it was off to my mom's house for gifts and birthday cake.  She made my favorite yellow cake with homemade fudge frosting and lots of walnuts.  It was very good, but lacked the usual charm of the lopsided versions of years past.  This one was beautiful...and wouldn't you know, I forgot to take a picture.  Thanks Mom for a great evening!

My birthday month has been filled with lots of wonderful friends, family and good times.  I don't want it to end.

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: