Friday, October 23, 2009

The Day Mike's Car Died - Day 78

Today I began the day by picking up a really cool cookbook ordered by my friend Sheri.  It is called America's Most Wanted Recipes and is filled with copycat versions of recipes from favorite restaurants.  The recipes include Red Lobster's Cheddar Biscuits, Olive Garden's Salad Dressing and Starbucks' Gingerbread Loaf to name a few.  Sheri was sure I would love this cookbook and she was right.  I can't wait to start cooking again.  My recent time in the kitchen has been limited to baking.

Work was crazy busy today.  I drove all over Orlando and managed to fit in nice visits with friends, Sandy, Beth and Sheila along the way.

Mike and I met for dinner at Bahama Breeze with the $10.00 gift card we received in the mail yesterday.  Mike ordered Salmon Pasta and I tried the Grilled Salmon Tostada Salad.  Both were very good and our bill came to $17.00.  Not bad for a really nice night out.  The trip home was an adventure, at least it was for Mike.  He spent most of the day researching new car options to replace his beloved Honda Accord with over 300,000 miles.  His Honda must have known something was up because it decided to come to an abrupt halt on the trip back home.  New or used car here we come.

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: