Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Start of Something Good - Day 66

Thank goodness for Costco...without it I might actually lose some weight.  I ran out of time to pickup lunch after running all my errands this morning.  The tasting menu was quite good.

Roasted Garlic Bread hot from the oven
Chicken Bakes
Veggie Chips with Hummus
Southern Fried Chicken Sandwich Meat with Havarti Cheese
Cape Cod Chicken Salad
Chicken Ravioli
Spinach and Mozzarella Ravioli
Chicken, Spinach and Fontina Cheese Meatballs
Chicken, Spinach and Fontina Cheese Sausage
Artichoke Tapenade with Rice Crackers
Chicken Soup
Flat Bread with Melted Cheese

Traffic was extremely slow at Costco today.  I was actually quite bored and hungry, so I made my tasting rounds almost every hour to satisfy both.  Today was the polar opposite of yesterday.  My forehead must have said "Leave me alone!" because very few people stopped to talk or even made eye contact.  I spent much of the time pondering what I should fix for dinner and downloading FREE ITune applications on my new refurbished phone.  I downloaded everything from Epicureous to Yahoo Fantasy Football.

For dinner I picked up Chicken, Spinach and Fontina Cheese Sausage, Marinara Sauce, Roasted Garlic Bread, Flat Bread and Artichoke Tapinade...all items from the tastings.  When I got home I sauteed onions and added the sausages to the pan to heat through.  I covered both with marinara sauce, added some oregano, fresh basil and a splash of wine.  I served it over spaghetti with the Roasted Garlic Bread on the side.  It was easy and delicious!

This evening was the start of something good.  I finally began making the dough for the cookie baskets ordered by my client Matt.  I made four kinds of dough and baked a tasting pan of each for Matt to try tomorrow - Apple Cinnamon Crunch, Toasted Pecan Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Cranberry Pecan and Dark Chocolate Tri Berry.  I used the new medium size scoop to give Matt the bigger cookies he was looking for.  Each batch turned out perfectly.  This is the start of something good...my cookie business.  Baby step by baby step, I am heading in that direction and gaining confidence along the way.  VERY Happy Dance!

Many hugs and good beginnings,

Kathy

No comments: