Saturday, October 31, 2009

It's Here - Day 86

The day of the Florida/Georgia game is finally here...the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party...and my birthday. Mike took me to breakfast at my favorite little dive - Athena Cafe. I had my usual - The Athena Special, two fried eggs (over hard), corned beef hash (nice and crispy), creamy, soul satisfying grits and a biscuit. Mike had his usual - the Cheese Steak Omelet. Unfortunately he forgot to request it with no mushrooms and Mount Vesuvius almost erupted after his first bite. The look on his face was priceless. Also unfortunately for Mike, they were extremely generous with the mushrooms. He spent the entire meal fishing them out.

After breakfast, unfortunately for me, it was on to work at Costco. When I arrived another vendor was in my spot. I was relegated to the back of the wine section where nobody would see me. Somehow I managed to sell 39 bottles in the four hours I was there. I actually was quite proud of my accomplishment...until I called my supervisor to confirm I was leaving a little early to celebrate my birthday. He told me he sold over 100 at the Waterbridge Costco in South Orlando and that my 39 was not very good. My feelings were hurt and I almost quit on the spot. The challenge of working seven days a week is getting to me and I honestly would rather focus on developing my cookie business. I really need to give this a lot of thought.

I headed out the door, feeling defeated and hoping the Gators were having a better afternoon than I was. Thank goodness they were and continued to do so into the evening. The final score was 41 to 17...Gators won!

Mike and I headed for dinner at Bonefish Grill at halftime. We had a wonderful evening. It began with a free Bang Bang Shrimp appetizer. Pomegranate Martinis were my drink of choice. Mike opted for Michelob Ultra. Then it was on to the entree - Rhea's Tillapia, grilled and topped with sauteed spinach, lump crab and topped with a light tomato garlic sauce. Dessert was a coffee with Bailey's and whipped cream. Mmmmmm!

I love my husband and I love my life. All my friends and family that called and left messages and serenades made me feel very special today. Thanks! Happy Halloween!

Many hugs and more birthdays,

Kathy

No comments: