Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Full Day - Day 68

Today began and ended with cookies and included a lot of good stuff sandwiched in between.  I had early morning meetings, so I couldn't assemble Matt's next installment of cookie baskets before I left for work.  I ran home for lunch and got two baskets assembled and delivered to Matt.  We worked out the details for the balance and he handed me an envelope with "Cookie Lady" marked on the outside.  He paid me before I even finished the project.  I am so blessed. 

The afternoon flew by with quotes, proof deliveries and billing issues.  I really looked forward to dinner.  Kenda, Bree, Jason and I met at Dexter's in Winter Park to discuss the menu for Bree and Jason's rehearsal dinner that I am catering with Kenda's help.  They want to have a New Orleans flavor to the night.  We are going to do a signature cocktail to start.  Appetizers will be simple...Shrimp with Remoulade Sauce, a cheese assortment, marinated olives and spiced nuts.  Dinner will be a buffet service of Shrimp and Andouille Sausage served with baked cheese grits and/or yellow rice and a simple salad with homemade vinaigrette.  Dessert will be a Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce and Irish Coffee.  This will be fun!

Damn...I had too much fun and most of the evening is gone.  I have to bake the cookies for tomorrow's baskets.  Thank goodness I made (3) batches of dough last night and only had to make one batch tonight.  Tonight's cookies were a success and I should be able to finish the packaging early tomorrow...or later this morning.  This full day stretched into tomorrow.

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: