Monday, October 12, 2009

Giddy All Day - Day 67

Today I happy danced all day.  I giggled.  I broke my smile record by several hours.  I was giddy.

It began with a visit to my client Matt's office to present the first basket of his cookie order and some tasting samples.  Matt, Cat and Valerie were extremely pleased...which led to my giddiness.  When I got back to the office Matt sent me an e-mail increasing the order and telling me again that he was MORE than pleased.  I can't hear those words enough.  Confidence is something I have a lot of when it comes to printing sales...not so much when it comes to baking for others.  Matt's confidence in me to do a good job for his customers has had such a positive effect on me.  I can't tell him enough how much this opportunity means to me.  I think I should be paying him...not the other way around. 

I knew yesterday was the start of something good.  My friend Kenda even agreed to be my business manager.  She, unlike me, is very good with money (hence the "cash starved" moniker).  I am counting on her to reign me in.

Kenda is a big believer in the "Law of Attraction" - put good thoughts out into the world and you will attract good things back.  I have always believed this, but never as much as I do now.  Even my Honest Tea bottle cap had a great message for my day.  "When I do good, I feel good.  When I do bad, I feel bad.  This is my religion".  - Abraham Lincoln

Tonight I warmed up a little of the leftover Spaghetti with Braised Kale as an appetizer.  Then I roasted the fresh butternut squash I bought at Costco.  It was just $2.50 for a large container of cubed squash.  I tossed it in a little olive oil, sea salt and pepper and put it in the oven at 350 F to slow roast for 20-25 minutes. It was delicious!  And I still have enough for a couple more meals.  The rest of the night was consumed with baking, baking and more baking...in between the happy dances and giggles.

All in all I think today was just plain giddyrrific!

Many hugs and giggles,

Kathy

No comments: