Thursday, October 1, 2009

Happiness on a Roll - Day 56

Last night after the blog post was complete, my roommate's daughter, Brenna, handed me a very special gift.  Earlier in the evening we made plans to bake together this weekend and create a cookie called Brenna's Candy Shop Cookie.  It will be my base cookie recipe with whatever Brenna's heart desires added into the dough.  The gift Brenna gave to me was a note telling me how excited she was with our plans.  She was ready to do a happy dance.  After reading her note...I was too.

In fact, I am kind of on a roll with this happiness thing.  On my way to work I received an e-mail from my hero, Mary Helen.  She is finally home from the hospital and got a chance to try the cookies I had left for her last week.  Her boyfriend Ron had been her taste tester last week and froze the rest for her to enjoy.  I got a Rachel Ray "YUMMO" from Mary Helen.  Ron asked if I would ship cookies out of town.  Big smile on my face.

Then I received an e-mail from Richard's mom, Shirley, the recipient of the birthday cookie basket.  She gushed about how much she loved the cookies and asked how much notice I would need to make baskets for her family and friends.  I am almost giddy.  Soon my head won't fit through the door.

I REALLY WANT to start my own business and today I realized I CAN.

My friend Carolyn stopped by my office to issue me a challenge to create a price list before her Cabi party on October 10.  She wants me to bring baskets to show her friends.  I can do that.  I accept her challenge.

I could really get used to this happiness thing.  Finding your passion in life can bring so much joy.  And for me baking and spreading the hugs does just that.

Many hugs and cookie orders,


Kathy

2 comments:

yourfavoritesister, morgan said...

Kathy! If we can do it, you can! Of course you can start your own business! We're behind you 100%

Cash Starved Foodie said...

Morgan, you and David are my inspiration!