Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Dusting Off The Power of Good - Day 75

Several weeks ago I talked about starting a movement called "The Power of Good" and then I put it on the shelf for a while...focusing instead on the Power of Good Cookies.  This afternoon I delivered the last basket in Matt's Fall Cookie Basket order.  I was relieved and very satisfied with the results.  Now it is time to take the movement idea down off the shelf, dust it off and go full speed ahead to implement it.

The concept was born out of frustration with the hate and negativity so prevalent in a certain faction of the media and general population.  It is amazing to me the power and influence it has and I thought...why can't "The Power of Good" also have a voice to inspire, inform and uplift.  There are powerful, inspirational stories all around us that need to be told.  I want to tell them.  My goal is to start a website filled with these stories and other positive messages, void of political prejudice and filled with the power of good.  My challenge will be my lack of experience in website development and my total lack of time.  Somehow I will make it work.

I think I may be the richest cash starved foodie in the world.  I called my friend Kenda to join me for lunch at Little Saigon.  She had already eaten, but tagged along to keep me company.  We talked business opportunities, flour, cookies and friends.  It was a wonderful, relaxing lunch that I rarely indulge in and I loved every minute. 

The relaxation continued tonight with dinner at Ruby Tuesdays with my friend Dennis.  His BOGO entree coupon allowed us to be a little more indulgent with our choices.  I opted for the New Orleans Seafood platter, a blackened tillapia topped with a crab cake and served with brown rice pilaf and steamed broccoli.  Dennis ordered a Petite Sirloin served with a baked potato and broccoli.  Of course we also had the salad bar...you can't go to Ruby Tuesdays without it.  The food was surprisingly good and the company was just the comfort I needed after a frantic two weeks. 

I am truly blessed with the best friends in the world!

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: