Thursday, October 8, 2009

An Appointment With A Cup of Coffee - Day 63

Another morning...another Greek Yogurt Breakfast.  When I find a good thing, I have it over and over again until I get sick of it.  I am not there yet.

Late yesterday my friend Kenda invited me to stop by today for a cup of Pumpkin Spice Coffee.  She knows I have a weakness for anything pumpkin.  Of course I would be there.  I told the office I had a very important appointment, but neglected to tell them it was with a cup a coffee.  My appointment with that delicious cup of coffee, flavored with just the right amount of milk and honey, lasted about 45 minutes and was filled with fun conversation with Kenda.  I rarely take the time to stop and smell the coffee, but I am very glad I did today.

I continued the pumpkin theme this evening by trying out a new recipe discovered on the Nestle site for Pumpkin Raisinet Cookies.  Their cake-like texture made them very different from any of my other cookies, but still very good.

Pumpkin Raisinet Cookies

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice 
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 can (15 oz.) Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups Nestle Raisinets Milk Chocolate-Covered Raisins
1 cup chopped walnuts
Vanilla Glaze

Preheat oven to 375 F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.

Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.  Beat butter and sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy.  Beat in pumpkin, eggs and vanilla.  Gradually beat in flour mixture.  Stir in Raisinets and nuts.  Drop by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets.

Bake 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.  Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.  Drizzle with Vanilla Glaze.

Vanilla Glaze

Combine 1 cup powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons milk and 1/2 tsp. vanilla in small bowl; mix well.


Many hugs and pumpkin goodies,

Kathy

No comments: