Saturday, October 10, 2009

Talk To Me...And They Did - Day 65

This morning I got up early to bake Apple Cinnamon Crunch Cookies for Carolyn's Cabi Party.  Unfortunately my mission last night to find Bear Naked Apple Cinnamon Granola was unsuccessful.  I substituted Mona's Cinnamon Pecan Granola and actually liked it better.  The cookies turned out perfectly.  I experimented with the scoop size for the cookies for Matt next week.  Matt wants BIG cookies for his clients and I aim to please.  The big ones need to cook a little longer, but the turned out better than I expected.  I hastily assembled a dummy basket, packaged the cookies and off I went to do a cookie drive by at Carolyn's party before work.

Work was fun today.  I didn't sell a lot of wine, but I did a lot of talking.  I almost felt like I had a sign on my forehead that said "Talk to me!"  The day began with a wonderful conversation with a Costco shopper, Terry.  We talked wine, family, death and spirituality.  It was quite a conversation and one of the reasons I enjoy my Costco job.  She even shared her dry roasted edamame with me.  Very cool.

Then Steve, a Costco regular, stopped by to say hi.  He stops every week and it makes me smile.

Richard, another Costco regular and my ultra conservative debating buddy, stopped by after a long absence.  I think he stayed away because he didn't like to hear my liberal point of view.

My co-worker Tal was next to stop by.  He and Richard struck up a conservative love fest at my expense.  That made me smile.  Carl and Laura, old family friends, were next on the friend parade.  I hadn't seen them in years and it was great to get caught up.

Costco shopper, Mike and his family recommended a gourmet food store in Oviedo called Cavallari Gourmet.  He told me I have to go if I love food...and I do.  I love great mom and pop stores and will definitely check it out.

James, the manager of Cafe Italiano in Orlando. stopped by to talk Italian wines, the restaurant business and his mom's cheesecake (the best in town, according to James).  He lamented over the lack of customers due to the economy and road construction.  I promised to stop in for dinner next week and write about it in the blog. I need to see what I can do to help.

While shopping after work I ran into Costco shopper Rudy, my yoga and fitness encourager.  He lectured to me about starting my exercise program.  I knew he would check up on me and I had absolutely nothing to report in the exercise department.

On the way out the door I picked up a Take and Bake Cheese Pizza and headed home to watch the Florida/LSU game.  The pizza was good, Tim Tebow played, the Gators won ugly and all is right in the world.

Many hugs and conversations,

Kathy

No comments: