Sunday, October 25, 2009

Mike's New Ride - Day 80

Mike and I got off to a sluggish start this morning.  We decided to use our $5.00 off coupon for breakfast at Mimi's Cafe.  I ordered the Just Enough Racheros Bowl with eggs fried hard and a pumpkin muffin.  Both the muffin and the coffee were delicious and filling.  This was a good thing since my eggs arrived runny.  I can't eat runny eggs.  By the time they corrected the order, it was time to leave for work.  We boxed my breakfast to go and off I went to work at Costco. 

It had been a couple of weeks since I had worked at the Winter Park Costco and all my demo buddies stopped by to say they missed me.  This is where I feel the most at home.  My demo table was set up across from the toys.  The K'nex Hornet Swarm Dueling Coaster display was a magnet for big and little boys.  It was entertaining to watch them play.

Mike surprised me when he picked me up from work in his brand new car...a beautiful Gator blue Honda Civic.  It had been 10 years since Mike had a new car for himself and the look on his face was priceless.  He wanted to go to dinner to celebrate and we splurged on dinner at Carrabba's.  Mike ordered the Classics Plate with Chicken Parm and Lasagna.  I got the Braised Short Ribs over Risotto.  Our server saw my phone and suggested I send a text to join the Carrabba's Amici Club to receive a free Limocello Bread Pudding with dinner tonight.  I did and Mike and I shared the yummy dessert.

Tonight it was back to baking after a four day layoff.  Thank goodness I didn't lose my touch.  The eyeball test tells me these cookies will be good. 

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: