Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Lost My Voice, But Not My Appetite - Day 76

Today was another funky feeling day.  I lost my voice and felt like I swallowed sandpaper.  So when lunch time came along, the only thing that appealed to me was Caribbean Chicken Soup and Flan from Pollo Tropical.  It did the trick to sooth my scratchy throat for at least 10 minutes, but did not fill my ample tummy.  Around 5:00, I was ready to eat...a lot.  Of course, my immediate thought was Sweet Tomatoes, my favorite trough feeding restaurant.  And imagine my glee when I discovered a BOGO coupon sent to my e-mail today.  Mike met me for dinner and we feasted on salad, soup and a peanut butter chocolate chip bar cookie...all for a little over $15.00.  Finally my tummy was full...and quite large.  I came home and did 50 sit ups and vowed to do something about my growing girth.

Yesterday my friend Kenda featured King Arthur Flour on her Support American Made Products blog (see my blog list for the link to her site).  The posting is quite good and includes a link to the King Arthur site.  I love the fact that their flours are unbleached and milled in Vermont from American grown wheat.  I am going to pick up a bag this weekend and try it in one of my HeartSong Cookie recipes. 

Many hugs and sit ups,

Kathy

No comments: