Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Energizer Bunny No More - Day 69

The crazy pace is finally catching up with me.  Sometimes I feel like the Energizer Bunny.  Today I did not.  To jump start my morning, I stopped by Panera for my favorite Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich and a cup of coffee.  Coupon Cory tagged along and saved me 10% on my bill.  Sorry Dennis, I don't have pictures.  He was a little camera shy.

Work was busy.  So busy, that I grabbed lunch at 2:40.  I picked up a Chicken TropiChop from Pollo Tropical.  For me, this is comfort food and the price is right at $5.99 with a drink and a side.

From reading my blog, my brother thinks my life consists of baking and trips to Sweet Tomatoes.  He is not too far off.  I think I need to mix in some new adventures.

My son Ryan called this afternoon to ask me the name of the song that best describes me.  He had me totally stumped.  I told him right now it would be "Free Falling" by Tom Petty.  I love Tom Petty.  And then I came up with the perfect answer..."What a Wonderful World" by Louie Armstrong.  It is sappy and sweet and me.  I could not figure out why Ryan asked me such a bizarre question and then he said it was for my ring tone on his phone.  Cool...I like the idea of that song playing whenever I call him.

Since lunch was so late today, I really didn't feel like eating dinner.  Nor did I have the time.  Baking consumed my entire evening into the wee hours of the morning. I made Toasted Pecan Chocolate Chip, Dark Chocolate Tri Berry and White Chocolate Blueberry Pecan Cookies for tomorrow's baskets and am pleased with the results.

My midnight snack consisted of a bowl of cut up Campari tomatoes and green olives with a drizzle of Herb de Provence Vinaigrette (a gift from Kenda).  Yummy.

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: