Friday, May 14, 2010

Bored Taste Buds - Day 282

My taste buds were in a rut and ready for new adventures. I scanned Urbanspoon for dinner ideas to keep them entertained. My only prerequisites were unknown territory and proximity to home. I searched by neighborhood and came up with several choices - Green Lemon Cafe in Winter Park, the new Boston Fish House in Lake Mary/Sanford and Bavarian Restaurant Bar and Grill in Longwood. Mike was the decision maker and chose Bavarian Restaurant Bar and Grill. This little German restaurant got a 92% approval rating on Urbanspoon. It offered a 10% off coupon on the site. The reviews raved about the food and the service. The only down side was the location. It was located in an out parcel of a dingy shopping plaza. We were a little hesitant to venture in, but very glad we did. Our server greeted us as soon as we walked in the door. "Are you ready for some delicious German food?" he said. My taste buds certainly were, but my tummy was still full from a late lunch. Mike ordered a Pork Schnitzel with Spatzle, Mashed Potatoes and a large German wheat beer. I ordered potato pancakes with apple sauce and red cabbage. The portion size was quite large and we were very glad we limited our order to just one entree. Our server was right. Bavarian Restaurant Bar and Grill does serve very tasty German food with friendly service in a homey environment. Mike was happy. My taste buds were rejuvenated. Our wallet did not lose all its contents. Life was good.

Many hugs and Happy National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day Eve,
Kathy

No comments: