Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Little Lonely - Day 287

Today was a busy work day filled with driving, meetings and cookie drop offs. I even did a cookie drop to my husband Mike. Then I headed home.

The drive home from Gainesville left me far too much time to think. I reflected on my crazy, disjointed lifestyle and began missing Mike with each mile I traveled. I dreamed of the day Mike and I could live together seven days a week under one roof. I dreamed of menu planning for the week and cooking fabulous meals for the two of us. I dreamed of entertaining friends on weekends...weekends that did not involve work at Costco.

Snap! Back to reality I came. Once again I would be eating dinner for one. Dinner fixins in the fridge were sparse. I had lettuce and ripe tomatoes from our burger dinner earlier in the week. Hmmmmm. I decided to do a "Half In, Half Out" dinner tonight. The "Half In" part was a salad from the fridge fixins. The "Half Out" part was a Chicken TropiChop from Pollo Tropical. I poured a glass of ice coffee, prepped my tray and plopped myself down on the couch in front of the TV. Sandra Rinomato from Property Virgins was my dining companion. I like her, but she is no Mike. I miss you Mike. Friday evening cannot come soon enough.

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: