Thursday, May 20, 2010

Easing Into the Day - Day 288

Sometimes it seems like I have lived my whole life with a stopwatch around my neck. Start the time. Go! Stop! Do it all over again. Seven days a week. Eighteen to nineteen hours a day.

Today would be different. It had to be.

As I rushed around getting ready for work, an "ah ha" moment came over me. Look at how beautiful the house is in the morning light. I rarely see it. Always running from place to place. Job to job.

This morning I saw it...in all its grungy, dilapidated, BEAUTIFUL splendor. This was a moment that had to be captured. A moment to savor. I ran upstairs to retrieve my trusty IPhone from the charger and snapped away. I wanted to be enveloped in the morning light like a hug that just won't end. I had to do it.

To the fridge I went and grabbed the Greek yogurt fixins in my arms like Rachel Ray. Fage yogurt, fresh raspberries, blackberries and Grape Nuts. I grabbed the pitcher of iced coffee made last night and white chocolate mocha creamer. From the cupboard I retrieved my favorite yellow bowl and spooned into it several dollops of the thick, rich yogurt. Blackberries and raspberries were next. Followed by a drizzle of North Carolina honey and a light sprinkling of Grape Nuts for crunch. Back to the cupboard I went for a glass to fill with ice, good strong coffee and white mocha creamer. How beautiful is this?! I picked up my IPhone, snapped a picture and e-mailed it to Kat with a brief message. I would be a little late this morning...taking a few selfish moments for ME!

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: