Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Preparing for the Big Day - Day 280

Tonight on my way home I stopped by a Finch Paper cocktail party at Citrus in downtown Orlando. It was an intimate gathering of mostly printing sales reps with a few designers sprinkled in. I sipped on a glass of Merlot while catching up with old friends in the industry. The appetizer buffet was impressive. I sampled a lobster fritter, crab cake and flatbread pizza. All were quite good and I wanted more, but Maddie was calling and she wanted to walk. I headed home still hungry...imagine that?!

Maddie and I went on a brief walk. Then I headed for the kitchen. I warmed up leftover pasta from the weekend and plopped down on the sofa to ponder my evening endeavor. Yesterday I discovered May 15th is National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day. I decided I would use my evening to prepare for the greatest holiday of the year. I whipped up a batch of White Chocolate Blueberry Pecan Cookies and Toasted Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies and decided to spread the hugs throughout the week leading up to the big day on Saturday. On Saturday I want to experiment with a flavor combination I have had up my sleeve for a few months. Of course, it involves chocolate chips with a few surprise additions. Hopefully it will be holiday worthy. As the kitchen is filled with the most intoxicating smell on the face of this earth...freshly baked, warm chocolate chip ccokies, I bid you good night!

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: