Tuesday, May 4, 2010

If You Text Them...They Will Come! - Day 272

Today I embraced my cash starvation and had fun with it.

Breakfast was a very unhealthy sampling of tea cake shower remnants washed down with a cup of coffee from the McDonald's dollar menu. Their coffee is actually quite good and downright great for the price.

Lunch was an equally unhealthy bowl of ramen noodle comfort and three Dove chocolates from Kat's chocolate drawer.

Then came the fun part. The blog and cash starvation have inspired me to sign up for a variety of restaurant web sites and text message programs. Mid afternoon I received a text message from one those programs. Chick-Fil-A in Waterford Lakes sent a text message offering a free 8 pack of Chicken Nuggets with any purchase from 3-5 today only. I frantically tried to get all my work done and bolted out the door about 4:40 to arrive just before 5:00.

If you text them, they will come. I was amazed at the turnout. The drive thru line circled the building. All parking spaces were filled. To Chick-Fil-A's credit they handled the onslaught with grace and charm. Apologizing for the brief wait and offering the usual "It's my pleasure!" when I said thanks. My meal was a continuation of the unhealthy theme of the day - fries and unsweetened tea to go along with my FREE chicken nuggets. The bill came to $3.38 and I was a very happy camper. What a great marketing idea! Chick-Fil-A got a piece of my business and I left feeling like I had won a prize.

Many hugs and text treats,

Kathy

No comments: