Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The More We Do, The More We Can Do - Day 294

I've been kidded about having the energy of the Energizer bunny. Questioned on how and why I do what I do. I do it because I can. I do it because each check off my list brings me closer to success. Closer to what I am meant to do in this world. I want so badly to make a difference. To ease the pain. To create some comfort, peace and happiness. To show the world that each of us is full of possibilities, potential, energy and life. The more we do, the more we can do...together.

I do not have the answer as to how I am going to make a difference. But with the amount if time my brain has devoted to obsessing over it, I feel an epiphany is eminent. I hope to submit an idea to the Pepsi Refresh Project or a more traditional venue. Unfortunately money is power and right now I am as weak as a church mouse. These programs offer funding for great ideas to better humanity. Great ideas like the one trying to explode from my brain.

I am compelled to try to fit as much as I can into each day. Rarely saying no to invitations or requests. I am in a hurry. A hurry to experience life. My time is running out. It is running out on all of us. We have to act. We have to do whatever it is to better the world. The more we do, the more we can do.

Tonight was a magical night spent with my friends David, Sheri and their kids. David is a Master Gardener in training and an amazing chef. His attention to detail and eye for beauty make dining a soul satisfying experience. A pre-meal tour of his edible garden let me know I was in for a treat. The meal began with a fresh from the garden eggplant hummus served on homemade crostini. Oh my! Sheri, Sarah and I fought over this bowl of goodness.

Dinner was served at the dining table the way all meals should be served. The table was handmade by Sheri's family and included a large lazy Susan in the center. Family rules required a turn of lazy Susan only after your table mates finished serving themselves. The bounty before me was impressive. A garden fresh salad worthy of a photo, delicious wax beans picked earlier in the day, perfectly seasoned roasted potatoes and just picked carrots, heavenly sour cream and chive biscuits and a delicate glazed salmon. I was in heaven and it wasn't over yet.

My White Chocolate Blueberry Pecan Cookies paled in comparison to the homemade cherry ice cream David prepared. He sets such high standards, I will have a difficult time measuring up.

The reason for us getting together was more than simply sharing a meal and good company. It was to share our dreams. David has lost sight of just how amazingly talented he is. I have to find a way to show him the light...to help him retrieve his confidence. Creating a blog tonight was just the beginning. An outlet for him to share gardening secrets, recipes and photos of all the beauty he creates.

Tonight we took baby steps toward self discovery. Thank goodness, David's blog creation will take at least one more session. One more incredibly tasty session...or maybe two. I think I will have to stretch this out for as long as I can because this feeling is just that good. Tonight was the embodiment of the Power of Good.

The more we do, the more we can do...together!

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: