Monday, May 24, 2010

Dinner for Two...At Home! - Day 292

Mike was off today. I was not. I grudgingly got ready for work while he stayed in bed. The drive to work was filled with thoughts of a plan to get back home. Back home to Mike. I locked myself in my office with a lengthy to do list and vowed that if I crossed off most of the items, my reward would be time with Mike. What motivation! The list was checked off in no time. I even worked through lunch...now that is true love.

When I walked in the door, Mike was up to his ears in housecleaning. Something is definitely wrong with this picture. What a crazy, discombobulated life we live!

Mike needed something special for dinner tonight. Something special that could be made with Canadian bacon or pineapple. I gave Mike the choice of Creamy Parmesan Pasta with Canadian bacon and peas or Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Pineapple Salsa. Pasta was the winner. I improvised a sauce with very tasty, fattening ingredients and served it over pappardelle noodles with a side salad. It was yummy. Mike was happy. I was happy. Life was good.

Gotta go...time with Mike includes Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow. I just heard this week is "Geek Week"! I have to do something to celebrate my geekiness.

Many hugs and Happy Geek Week,

Kathy

No comments: