Sunday, May 2, 2010

Heart of a Lion - Day 270

Mike and I are notorious for sleeping in on Sunday morning. Today was no different. We slept until 10:00. Ahhhhhhhh. We REALLY needed it. Too bad the extra sleep can't be stockpiled for our weekdays. The only downside to sleeping in is it leaves little time for my favorite pastime - eating. Mike was in the mood for a chicken biscuit. So we headed to Bojangles in separate cars for a biscuit drop. I bought the biscuits, dropped them off to Mike in the parking lot and headed off to work at Costco. This is NOT the way to eat breakfast!

My afternoon at Costco was spent with friends...with a little wine selling thrown in the mix. Beatriz stopped by. The two of us could talk for hours and almost did. Many cool things are happening in her life and that is a very good thing. No one deserves it more.

Then Essam stopped by, a Costco customer turned friend. What an interesting person. Essam's brain is always working...always creating new ways to make money. He is truly one of the best salesmen I have ever met. He is a charmer. Every time he stops by I get a treat...great conversation about his latest venture, followed by a sample of whatever he is selling. Last time is was Colombian coffee. This time, ladies clothing. Essam has no fear of failure. He is the perfect entrepreneur. We discussed my personal business dreams. One piece of advice Essam gave me will stick with me forever. You must have a heart of a lion to succeed in business...no fear. No fear. No fear. No fear. Maybe if I say it enough, the fear will disappear.

I even got butler service of rolled tacos at my demo table from Minerva the CDS demonstrator. Life is good.

All this working, catering and baking has taken its toll on my desire to spend any additional time in my kitchen. So after work Mike and I woke up Coupon Cory and took him to Bahama Breeze with our $10 off any dinner entree coupon. We sat at the bar and ordered Lobster and Shrimp Quesadillas and Salmon Pasta to share. It was yummy, relaxing and I got to walk away from the dirty dishes. Happy dance!

Thanks to Essam, I have a new found heart of a lion. No fear is my mantra.

Many hugs and no fear,

Kathy

No comments: