Monday, May 31, 2010

Meeting of the Minds - Day 299

Today was a gift...a day off from work. No Fidelity. No Costco. Only me and Mike and our very neglected home. We divided and conquered the task of making it presentable. Unfortunately on my early morning grocery run, I pulled a calf muscle and spent most of the day hobbling around like an old lady. Well I am an old lady, but I walked like a really old one.

Tonight we had Dennis, Kenda and Mark over for dinner to celebrate Memorial Day and the creation of HeartSong Cookies. Dinner consisted of homemade pineapple salsa, blue corn chips, red sangria, burgers, grilled salmon, pasta salad, corn on the cob and of course...HeartSong Cookies. The dinner was not my best effort, but the company was great. They all humored me as I talked about the multitude of tasks before me. After dinner we all headed upstairs to our little used loft filled with my grandmother's things. This space makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. It is even better filled with many of my favorite people. We critiqued cookie websites, talked about logo ideas, made plans for commercial kitchen tours and vowed to enjoy the process of creating the business.

It was the perfect ending to my gift of a day.

Many hugs and Happy Memorial Day!

Kathy

No comments: