Saturday, May 22, 2010

Making Life Decisions - Day 290

Yesterday I received an early morning call from my son. He had been thinking all night about his life and choices before him. In the wee hours of the morning he made a major life decision and wanted my thoughts. Problem was, I was so surprised by the call, I didn't know what to say. Somehow I fumbled through with questions and opinions. But mostly, I listened. I listened to how he arrived at this point. It made me very proud. One thing he said stood out to me. He said I had always taught him to go out and grab life...not to let it pass him by. How could I argue with that sage advice?!

Maybe it was time to follow my own teachings. To go out and grab what I want in life. I've set a goal of having a business license by summer's end. The fall would be the perfect time to set up shop at one of the local farmer's markets. I can do this. I will do this! I think I just made a major life decision of my own. Thanks Ryan...for setting a great example. Thanks for listening. Thanks for making me proud.

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: