Thursday, May 6, 2010

Who Knew?! - Day 274

Who knew that bliss could be found in a plate of Hamburger Helper made by my husband Mike?!

Today was another one of those tough ones. I found out my already challenged bank account was compromised by a double electronic draft by one of my creditors and it would take 4-6 weeks to rectify the mistake. Uug! This almost sent me over the edge. Thanks to encouraging text messages from my brother and a calming phone call from my husband I jumped back onto solid ground. I continued on my trek around Florida for work totally oblivious to the wonderful things going on in my kitchen while I was away.

My husband Mike does not like to spend much time in the kitchen. He prefers to leave the cooking to me. Unfortunately I also haven't felt like spending much time in the kitchen. To humor me, Mike and Coupon Cory have accompanied me to many cheap dinners out. Cheap, but not as inexpensive as carefully planned dinners made at home. Carefully planned plates of bliss like the Hamburger Helper dinner Mike made for me tonight. A $6.00 dinner that was better than any fine dining meal I have ever enjoyed. Mike made Bacon Cheeseburger Hamburger Helper served with an amazing salad filled with all sorts of goodies found in our fridge and Hawaiian Sweet Rolls. He had it all ready on my favorite tray when I walked in the door. A glass of white wine and a frosty mug of ice water were waiting for me on the table. I was giddy. This meant more to me than he will ever know.

And just when I thought the evening couldn't get any better...it did. Mike came around the corner with the most beautiful thing I have seen in a very long time...well at least since I set eyes on the Hamburger Helper. Mike had made a cake. A cake just for me. My favorite kind of cake. Yellow cake with chocolate frosting. I could not stop smiling. But wait...there is more. He went to the freezer and pulled out a pint of Ben and Jerry's. Not just any Ben and Jerry's, but my favorite flavor...pistachio.

As I write this post tonight I am floating ten feet off the ground with a big smile on my face that just won't go away. I am truly the luckiest girl in the entire universe.

Who knew that bliss could be found in a plate of Hamburger Helper and a slice of homemade cake? Mike did.

Many hugs and kisses for my wonderful husband Mike,

Kathy

2 comments:

jconnolly@darden.com said...

xoxox
Just love your blog
You are magical and fabulous!
Julia

Cash Starved Foodie said...

Thanks Julia. I miss you. XOXOXO
Kathy