Thursday, May 13, 2010

Spreading The Hugs - Day 281

This morning began with a productive sales meeting and then I was off to Gainesville for work with a bushel basket of hugs. Eliot, who works in my client's mail room, was the first recipient. Unfortunately he was a little camera shy or I would have captured the huge smile on his face for posterity. I couldn't pass up a stop to see my husband Mike. He filled his lab coat pockets with hugs. I got a kiss and a photo.

My next drop was to Larry, a future client. We met to discuss his printing needs and I left a sample package with an added bonus - HeartSong Cookies. Larry broke into the cookies the moment I walked out the door. It was another successful hug delivery.

Even with all the deliveries made, my basket was still overflowing. I pondered my next move and decided it had been far too long since I visited my client Dan. I picked up the phone and placed a call to see if a cookie drive by would make him happy. "YES!" was Dan's answer, with no hesitation. I parked illegally, ran inside for the drop off and got another huge smile in return.

This was fun! I could do this all day long. No really, I could. If money was no object...cookie fairy would be my career of choice. So many cookies, so little time. I headed to visit Lee, Scott and Lorraine. More hugs. More smiles.

Margaret was next on the list, but she was not home. Her hugs were tucked inside her mailbox for a post workout surprise.

Then I began the trek home to Orlando to rescue Maddie for a walk around the lake. The evening was beautiful...warm, but not humid. Maddie and I both benefit from the exercise. Unfortunately Maddie is getting about as round as I am. We definitely need to continue this tradition.

I still had a few cookies left in my basket and decided I can never have enough smiles. So off I went to drop off cookies to Vicky for her trip tomorrow. I gave some hugs and got one in return.

My final cookie fairy destination was a visit to my mom. She greeted me with a cup of tea, a hug, a kiss and a big smile. We sat and talked about "stuff", something we rarely do. It was the perfect ending to an extremely fulfilling day. COOKIE FAIRY...that title has a really nice ring to it.

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: