Friday, May 21, 2010

Payback - Day 289

Cookie fairy drops yield amazing rewards!

This morning when I walked into my office I was greeted by a little gift sitting in the middle of my desk. The Philadelphia Cream Cheese container covered in plastic contained a quite a treat. The post it note attached said "To: You, From: Shawn." Inside was one of my most favorite foods...fresh picked blackberries. Blackberries hand picked by Kat's fiance Shawn. I ran into Kat's office to say thanks and found out Shawn had made a special point of picking these berries just for me as payback for all the cookies I send his way. Thanks Shawn! You made me a very happy girl. This special package road around with me all afternoon and continued to fill me with happiness until the last of the precious berries disappeared into my mouth. This is the Power of Good.

Tonight Mike and I ventured out for dinner to a new restaurant in Winter Park - Green Lemon Cafe. It is a tiny, casual cafe that specializes in homemade crepes. Urbanspoon reviews raved about the food. My friend Kenda raved about the food. The Orlando Sentinel raved about the food. We had to find out what all the buzz was about. The menu is simple with a variety of savory, sweet and dessert crepes in original or whole wheat. Mike ordered the Turkey, Brie and Apple tucked inside a whole wheat crepe. I ordered the Monte Crisco with ham, turkey, cheese and strawberry preserves also tucked inside a whole wheat crepe. Both were very tasty and surprisingly filling. The price was appealing as well...$20 for dinner for two including drinks. We were too full to try one of the dessert crepes, but the Southern Comfort Crepe sounded pretty darn good - filled with peanut butter, bananas and chocolate sauce. Yummmmmm, maybe next time.

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: